The Rockford Park District lifeguards are trained by Jeff Ellis & Associates through the International Lifeguard Training Program. The Rockford Park District lifeguards take their responsibilities very seriously so that guests can have a fun and safe experience while at any of the Rockford Park District aquatic facilities.
While visiting any one of our aquatic facilities, you may observe a lifeguard drill in action. As part of our continuous training, we conduct daily lifeguard drills. We also conduct Vigilant Awareness Training that consists of dropping mannequins into the water in order to observe the response time of our guards.
In the event of a rescue in the wave pool during the wave cycle, the waves are temporarily turned off. As soon as the rescue is completed we will turn the waves back on. We appreciate your patience and understanding with this safety procedure.
Rockford Park District lifeguards strive to provide our guests with a fun and safe experience each and everyday. Their hard work and dedication has consistently been recognized by Jeff Ellis & Associates. In 2011, Rockford Park District lifeguards were awarded with the “Gold International Aquatic Safety Award” given by Ellis to clients who “consistently exceed their criteria for aquatic safety certification” each year.
Guests using attractions within the waterpark must wear a lined swim suit. Street clothes, cut-offs, or athletic clothing are not allowed. In addition, any swim wear with buttons, snaps, rivets or zippers are not allowed.
To provide our guests with a high degree of health safety, all children ages three and under must wear tightly fitting reusable plastic swim pants whether or not they are toilet-trained. A simple plastic pant is available free of charge with a paid admission, or swim pants in a variety of prints and patterns are available for purchase. (Note: Commercial swim diapers such as Huggie's Little Swimmers are not acceptable without the tightly fitting reusable plastic swim pants worn over the top of them.) The swim pant may be worn over a diaper or without a diaper. Please Note: Swim pants are required and will be provided to you as part of your child's admission fee.
Wave Pool Breaks
In order to provide our guests with a break from their fun-filled day at Magic Waters, we clear the wave pool for 15 min. twice during the afternoon. This is an excellent time for little ones to take a break from all the excitement and use the restroom.
Lifejackets are available free of charge at each of our aquatic facilities. Our lifejackets are Coast Guard approved and staff will fit all children with the appropriately fitting lifejacket. Lifejackets are available at Tube Rental. All young swimmers and non-swimmers are encouraged to wear a properly fitted lifejacket while enjoying the attractions.
To ensure the safety of all of our guests, the following items are prohibited: glass, knives, alcohol, grills, firearms/ammunition, non-coast guard approved lifejackets, tents, fireworks, drones, amplified music and speakers. If you have any questions about items allowed into the park, please call us at 815-966-2442.
Code of conduct
To help make Magic Waters Waterpark and all Rockford Park District programs and facilities fun, safe, and as enjoyable as possible, we ask that participants and spectators exhibit appropriate behavior at all times. Here are some friendly reminders:
- All participants and spectators shall show respect to all participants, spectators, staff, and volunteers and shall refrain from using abusive or foul language, arguing, fighting, or any other form of harassment or intimidation.
- All participants and spectators shall report any inappropriate or illegal conduct to staff or Park Police. If you see something, say something!
- All participants shall not display or distribute gang jewelry, clothing, symbols, emblems, badges, symbols or signs, nor commit any act using any speech, verbal or non-verbal, showing membership or affiliation to a gang.
- Appropriate bathing suits are required (cutoffs, shorts with zippers, buttons or buckles, and items with metal fasteners and rivets are not allowed).
- Guests under the influence of alcohol will be removed from the park.
- We are all here to have a safe and fun experience! Waterpark safety rules are strictly enforced by lifeguards and management.
- Children under age 10 and who cannot swim must be under the direct supervision of a swimming guardian age 16 or older. Guardian must be within arm's reach of the child at all times.
- Inappropriate videotaping, photography or loitering in the waterpark or bathhouses is strictly prohibited.