ROCKFORD, IL – The next wave of fun at Magic Waters Waterpark, 7820 CherryVale North Blvd., Cherry Valley will have guests “screaming” to ride the new waterslide again and again.
New Waterslide Name Selected
Last fall, Magic Waters Waterpark held a contest to name the AquaLoop, the number one waterslide citizens and waterpark users wanted to see at Magic Waters Waterpark based on results from an online survey. After reviewing hundreds of entries, Magic Waters Waterpark staff chose “Screaming Lizard” as the perfect name for the exciting new thrill ride that has riders go from 0 to 37 mph in two seconds. Screaming Lizard is a looping water slide on a 45-degree angle that provides an adrenaline rush with the utmost safety. Screaming Lizard drops single riders down a near-vertical slide and into an inclined loop. Riders start in an enclosed capsule with a trap door that opens, sending riders into a full looping slide in a matter of seconds, defying gravity. (see photo)
Jake Blaser is the winner of the naming contest, and will receive the following:
One Magic Waters 2017 individual season pass
Jake and four friends will be the first to ride the new waterslide
The last major addition at Magic Waters Waterpark was in 2012, when the Double Dare Drop was unveiled. In addition to adding the Screaming Lizard, the District also plans to upgrade the Little Lagoon by completing various surface improvements, expanding deck areas, adding cabanas, enhancing water play features, and installing new baby water swings. The new waterslide and Little Lagoon enhancements will be complete in summer 2017.
2017 Season Highlights
- Opening Weekend: May 27, 28, 29 (Closed May 30 – June 2)
- Open 7 days a week: June 3 – August 20
- Open August 26, 27 (Closed August 28 – September 1)
- Open September 2, 3, 4 (Closed for the season on September 5)
Magic Waters Fast Facts
- 3-acre waterpark, 10 waterslide features
- Pineapple Bucket – Holds 1,000 gallons of water
- Free parking
- Staff - 453 seasonal and 6 full-time
- Customers – 39% resident; 61% non-resident
- Attendance in 2016 – 172,687
New Cooler Policy
Guests are not permitted to bring coolers, outside food, or beverages into Magic Waters Waterpark, with the exception of one (20-ounce or less) factory sealed non-alcoholic beverage per person. Exceptions will be made for guests with special dietary needs to include food allergies and baby food/formula. Please notify waterpark staff upon entry into the park for approval of special dietary foods.
Magic Waters Waterpark has a wide variety of fresh food items such as: hamburgers, pizza, chicken, hot dogs, and salmon. Food is served at five different locations throughout the park. Those who would like to bring their own food are welcome to enjoy our Luau Lane Picnic areas, located in the parking lots. Alcohol, glass containers, and BBQ grills are prohibited both within the park and in Luau Lanes.
Back by Popular Demand!
- Free Parking - Parking is FREE in the north and south parking lots for guests’ convenience.
- $12 Buck Bargain Day - Admission is just $12 bucks every Tuesday
- Wet Wednesdays - Magic Waters Waterpark will extend evening hours on Wednesdays from July 5, 2017 through August 16, 2017. Wet Wednesdays will provide guests the chance to enjoy the waterpark from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m., and admission is just $10.
- Season Dining Pass – Season passholders only can purchase a new season dining pass for $80 which includes one snack per day (redeemable anytime during normal operating hours), and one lunch per day (redeemable between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 pm).
Additional information about the 2017 season will be revealed closer to opening weekend.