ROCKFORD, IL – It’s time to “Find Your Fun” this summer at Magic Waters Waterpark, 7820 CherryVale North Blvd., Cherry Valley. The Rockford Park District will open Magic Waters Waterpark for the 2016 summer season on Saturday, May 28, 2016. “We are looking forward to seeing many familiar faces again after a long winter, and we always look forward to meeting new guests. Magic Waters Waterpark has nine different water features, and each has its own “thrill factor,” so our customers can create their own experience. We offer high value at a safe, clean, and affordable waterpark,” said Zack McIntyre, Director of Magic Waters & Aquatics.
2016 Season Schedule
- Opening Weekend: May 28, 29, 30 - Open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- New! Bonus Bargain Days: May 31, June 1, 2, 3 - Open 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. only if the forecasted temperature by noon is 75 degrees or higher. All other weather policy guidelines are applicable during Bonus Bargain Days.
- Regular Season: June 4 through August 16 -10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Weekends Only: August 20, 21, 27, 28 - 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and September 3, 4, 5 - 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
New in 2016!
- Wet Wednesdays - Magic Waters Waterpark will extend evening hours on Wednesdays from July 6, 2016 through August 10, 2016. Wet Wednesdays will provide guests the chance to enjoy the waterpark from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m., and admission is just $10.
- New Website - Mobile-friendly and easy to use
- New menu items - Magic Waters Waterpark’s food and beverage operations have been brought back in-house, and are now operated by the Rockford Park District. This means better quality products, fresher options, and the amazing customer experience you would expect from the Rockford Park District! We are excited to provide new menu items such as freshly-made smoothies, grilled salmon, soft serve ice cream, and a variety of new meal deals. Guests will also be able to purchase food in new ways, as food carts will be available at the gates at the end of the day. The Magic Waters Waterpark Summer Sipper is back this season. Purchase a one-day Summer Sipper for free refills for the day, or purchase a season-long refillable cup good for the entire 2016 season!
- Double Dare Drop Challenge – We “double dare” you to participate in the Double Dare Drop Challenge from June 4 through August 16, 2016. Those who accept the challenge will have to do the following:
- Climb the stairs to the top of the 75-foot speed slide
- Be brave enough to actually go down the slide
- Snap a "selfie" or have a friend snap a picture of you celebrating near the bottom of the slides
- Share that photo with us on social media, using the hashtag #WeDoubleDareYou for a chance to win weekly prizes. All weekly prize winners will also be entered into a drawing to win a 2017 Magic Waters Waterpark season pass. Winners will be notified via account tagging or direct message.
Back by Popular Demand!
- $12 Buck Bargain Day - Admission is just $12 bucks every Tuesday
- Great Special Events - Don’t miss World’s Largest Swim Lesson, Christmas in July, Big Squirt Day, Father’s Day Fun, Scouts Day, Military Appreciation Day, Sun Safety Day, Season Passholder Appreciation Day, and more
- Fast Passes - Reserve your spot at the front of the line on Double Dare Drop and Typhoon Terror
Current Magic Waters corporate partners and sponsors include: Pepsi, Rasmussen, Subway, and Taco Bell. Sponsorship opportunities have been expanded both inside and outside the waterpark, including the opportunity to reach more than 14.6 million potential customers a year with a sign on the new Double Dare Drop speed slides facing I-90. For more information on how your business can benefit from a partnership with Rockford Park District, contact Nicole Engelbart, Corporate Partnership Manager, at 815-969-4095, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next Wave of Fun
Magic Waters Waterpark is committed to continuing to expand and improve the waterpark, and often evaluates and updates a multi-year Master Plan. Since the Rockford Park District took ownership of Magic Waters Waterpark in 1988, the District has either added a new feature or enhanced existing pools, water slides, or other on-site amenities nearly every year. The last major addition was in 2012 when the Double Dare Drop was unveiled. The Rockford Park District is currently evaluating industry trends, prioritizing needs, and determining long-range plans. Staff is working with an aquatic design firm on a concept for renovating the area around the Little Lagoon, thanks to feedback from citizens and guests received in a recent survey. Final renovation plans will be announced later this summer.
Magic Waters Fast Facts
- 43-acre waterpark, 9 waterslide features
- Pineapple Bucket – Holds 1,000 gallons of water
- Free parking and one cooler/food container per family is allowed into the waterpark
- Staff – 335 seasonal and full-time
- Customers – 41% resident; 59% non-resident
- Attendance in 2015 – 186,334